(MARTINSVILLE) - A 71-year-old woman was killed in a Martinsville house fire Monday morning.
The victim was identified as Anna Paul, according to the Morgan County coroner.
Martinsville Fire crews were called to the scene of the fire at around 3:30 am. It happened on Victor Drive, just off Burton Lane in Martinsville.
Anna Paul was critically injured and taken to Eskenazi Hospital, where she later died from her injuries. A man who was also in the home at the time of the fire was checked out at a hospital but did not suffer any serious injuries.
Investigators have not yet said what sparked the blaze.
Washington Township firefighters assisted.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com