News Sections
Older Home Destroyed, New Home Saved
Updated January 8, 2014 8:38 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(NORMAN) - Firefighters from Pleasant Run, Shawswick and Guthrie Volunteer Fire Departments were able to save a home from any damage after another home six feet in front of it caught on fire Tuesday afternoon at 10006 Hunters Creek Road.

Pleasant Run VFD Chief Bill Norman says the owner Michael Baker was building a new home next to his current residence.

"The fire started in the older home as a chimney fire," Norman says. "The exterior structure is still standing, but the interior was destroyed."

Flames were shooting out of the home when firefighters arrived.

However firefighters were able to save a lot of the contents, like Baker's gun collection.

The main goal was to save the new home.

"We had a really good knock down time and there was no damage at all to the new home," Norman says. "Firefighters did a great job, with the terrible conditions we were facing. With the cold weather the water was freezing as soon as it hit the ground."

Tabernacle of Praise Emergency Services was also at the scene assisting firefighters.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File