(SHOALS) - Just as fans are setting up their Super Bowl parties the Martin County Sheriff's Department would like to remind residents that "Fans Don't Let Fans Drive Drunk."
For many football fans, the Super Bowl is a celebration for their favorite team making it to the championship. However, due to the increased rate of alcohol consumption this event inspires the weekend of the event to be a very dangerous time on Indiana roadways. Whether you are meeting with friends at a local bar or attending or watching the sporting event or participating in any number of Super Bowl festivities if you plan on drinking and driving -don't.
The Martin County Sheriff's Department recommends the following easy steps to have a safe enjoyable Super Bowl celebrations:
- Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin.
- Before drinking designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home.
- If you're impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation to get home.
- If you see a drunk driver on the roadways - contact police.
- Remember if you know someone who is about to drive a car impaired, take the keys and help that person make other arrangements to get where he or she is going safely.
Remember - Fans Don't Let Fans Drive Drunk.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com