(BEDFORD) - Larry Arnold was elected president of the North Lawrence school board Thursday evening during the board's annual reorganization session.
Arnold succeeds Gary Holmes in the office.
Tracy Bailey was elected vice president by a vote of 6-0. The board had been without a vice president since Wendell Nikirk died in October.
Donnie Branham retain the secretary's position.
Board members also made the following annual appointments:
- Michele Cox as North Lawrence treasurer.
- Corbin Hankins as deputy treasurer, filling a spot that had been held by NL Superintendent Gary Conner. Hankins is a certified public accountant and works as a bookkeeper for North Lawrence Community Schools.
- Tracy Bailey as the board's appointment to Bedford's park board. Arnold had been the board's representative but said he preferred not to remain on the board.
- Larry Arnold as a returning representative to the Lawrence County Boys & Girls Club board.
- Steve Ritter as a returning wage hearing representative.
Board members also voted to retain the law firm of Donovan, Emery, Hewetson and Pittman to provide attorney services.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com