WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Firefighters Extinguish Blaze With Pan Of Water

Last updated on Thursday, January 16, 2014

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters from Shawswick Volunteer Fire Department because of a quick response were able to extinguish a dryer fire with a pan full of water from the kitchen sink.

Four firefighters from Shawswick, who responded with one engine and a tanker, went to the home of Steven Williams, in the 7800 block of Rocky Creek East at 11:03 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Pleasant Run and the Tabernacle of Praise Emergency response unit were also en route, but were called off once Shawswick VFD arrived on the scene.

Shawswick Capt. Bob Barber says lint in the dryer vent caught the laundry room area on fire.

"We were able to take a pan of water from the kitchen sink and extinguish the flame," Barber says. "But there was a lot of smoke in the home and we used a positive pressure fan to ventilate the area."

Barber estimates damages at around $5,000.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page