News Sections
Firefighters Extinguish Blaze With Pan Of Water
Updated January 16, 2014 10:00 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters from Shawswick Volunteer Fire Department because of a quick response were able to extinguish a dryer fire with a pan full of water from the kitchen sink.

Four firefighters from Shawswick, who responded with one engine and a tanker, went to the home of Steven Williams, in the 7800 block of Rocky Creek East at 11:03 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Pleasant Run and the Tabernacle of Praise Emergency response unit were also en route, but were called off once Shawswick VFD arrived on the scene.

Shawswick Capt. Bob Barber says lint in the dryer vent caught the laundry room area on fire.

"We were able to take a pan of water from the kitchen sink and extinguish the flame," Barber says. "But there was a lot of smoke in the home and we used a positive pressure fan to ventilate the area."

Barber estimates damages at around $5,000.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File