(BEDFORD) - Candidates can begin filing for the 2014 Primary Election today.
Residents are starting hear some buzz around the county about who possible candidates might be.
Potential candidates have until noon on February 7 to file.
The Primary Election will be May 6 with the General Election on Nov. 4.
Candidate declaration papers are available at the Lawrence County Voter Registration Office, located in the Lawrence County Courthouse.
Among the county offices up for election in the Primary Election are:
* Sheriff, Sam Craig, who is now in his second term, is prevented from seeking re-election because of statutory term limits.
* Superior Court II Judge, held by Judge Bill Sleva
* Circuit Court Judge, held by Judge Andera McCord.
* Prosecuting Attorney, held by Michelle Woodward
* Assessor held by April Collins
* Commissioner District 1, held by Chris May
* County Council District 1, Keith Dillman
* County Council District 2, Michael Wright
* County Council District 3, Mark Mathis
* County Council District 4, Jason Mullis
* All township trustees and board members (One trustee, 3 board members per township)
At the state and federal level
* Secretary of State, held by appointment Connie Lawson
* State Treasurer, held by Richard Mourdock
* State Auditor, held by Suzann Crouch
* U.S. House of Representatives District 9, held by Todd Young
* State House of Representative District 62, held by Matt Ubelhor
* State House of Representative District 65, held by Eric Koch
* State House of Representatives District 73, held by Steve Davisson
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org