(BEDFORD) - The Super Oldies Jingle Bell Rock has been found.
Super Oldies hid the official Super Oldies Jingle Bell Rock within the listening area and Super Oldies 105.5 aired clues on its location.
Michael, Rose and 4-year-old Quartney Crisp found the limestone rock with 105.5 engraved on both sides Sunday at Gil Gal Primative Church on Gil Gal Road in Heltonville.
"I had been out there four times and couldn't find it," Michael says. "Then I took Rose and Quartney and Rose found it behind the church."
This is the first year the family looked for the rock.
"I have a friend that was doing it and they shared some of the clues," Michael says. "Then we went to Knucklehead [Bend Market and Eatery] and got the others."
Rose says she just had a hunch it was behind the church. Michael says he was standing less then 10 feet from it the day before.
"You could tell others had been there looking for it," She added. "Someone had walked right up to it and had just not bent down to look under the green roofing material. When I walked around the church carrying the rock and Quartney saw it her eyes lit up like it was Christmas morning," Rose says. "Seeing her that excited was all worth it. She just smiled and said you are the best Mommy in the world."
On Monday afternoon they swapped the rock for a sleigh full of prizes totaling more than $3,000.
Prizes are being provided by the following sponsors of the contest:
- Big O Tires - James Ave, Bedford
- Franki & Pips Boutique - 16th Street, Bedford
- Growby's RTO Home Furnishings - 16th Street, Bedford
- Kats Performing Arts - Lincoln Ave, Bedford
- Knucklehead Bend Market & Eatery - Lincoln Ave, Bedford
- LCM Resale - Washington Ave, Bedford
- Sipes Body & Glass - J & 7th Street, Bedford
- Mary M's Walnut House - West 2nd Street, Bloomington
- Mays Greenhouse - Old State Rd 37 South, Bloomington
- Growby's RTO Home Furnishings - Hwy 37, Mitchell
- Mitchell Manor - Teke Burton Drive, Mitchell
- Smoot Eye Care - (Inside of Mitchell Optical) Main Street, Mitchell
- Terry's Food Mart - Main Street, Mitchell
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org