(ORLEANS) - Nominations are now being accepted for the Orleans Chamber's 2013 residential Christmas Lighting Contest.
Those nominated should be located within the Orleans area and should include the person's name, street address, telephone number and driving directions.
Entry forms can be found inside the Orleans Progress Examiner.
Mail nominations to: Christmas Lighting Contest, P.O. Box 9,Orleans, 47452-0009.
Or email them to Historicorleans@netsurfusa.net.
Entires should be received no later than Friday, Dec. 13.
Judging will on Dec. 16.
Other holiday events include:
* Dr. Judith Burton, Burton & Associates and Burton Kimball Farms invites all Chamber members and their guests to a special Membership Appreciation Reception Tuesday, Dec. 10 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. There will be food, networking and prizes. Bring your business card for a chance to win the $100 Chamber Cold Cash giveaway at 6 p.m. You must be present to win.
* Plans are being finalized for the Annual "Christmas on the Square" event for Saturday, December 14 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. A host of fun family type events are planned to take place in the square that evening including a soup supper and cookie walk, live Nativity with live animals, children's train ride, horse and wagon rides, food, live entertainment and more.
* The Chamber's Visitor Center will be open during the Christmas on the Square event. Stop in to warm yourself & say hello. We will have a selection of Dogwood Capital items available that make great for stocking stuffer ideas i.e. ornaments, notecards, magnets, license plates, historic throws, Dogwood pins, free Postcards for Santa and more.
* The Chamber is encouraging all area business and merchant members to decorate their store fronts and display windows in holiday style and wherever possible to leave their window displays lit during the evening hours to help make the Dogwood Capital be a bit more festive during this Christmas Season.
* Santa's Mailbox is back. The special "Santa Mailbox" has once is set up in front of the Chamber's office on the north side of the town square. Children can their "Postcards for Santa." Special postcards are now available free at a number of Orleans businesses. All cards collected will be forwarded to the big guy at the North Pole. Selected ones may also appear in The Progress Examiner holiday edition.
* Our 2013 Ornament Sale is underway and has been one of our best. This year's collectible features the old Orleans Theatre and may be purchased for $10 at a number of local businesses while they last. Proceeds from the annual ornament sale benefit the chamber's many on-going community improvement projects.
* Our annual Holiday Chamber Board Luncheon will be on Thursday, December 12th Noon at Hall Bros. Please RSVP by calling the Chamber office, 865-9930.
To learn more about Orleans happenings visit the newly updated Orleans Chamber Facebook page to stay connected with the latest happenings at the Chamber and Orleans community. The Orleans Chamber page is linked with other local pages, such as the OC Tourism to bring you current local event information too.
Visit them on-line at www.historicorleans.com
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com