WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Firefighters Extinguish Drier Fire Quickly

Last updated on Thursday, December 19, 2013

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters from Shawswick and Guthrie Volunteer Fire Departments were able to extinguish a dryer fire quickly Wednesday preventing damage to a home on Locksley Court.

Lawrence County police dispatchers received a 911 call at 1:41 p.m. reporting a home at 12 Locksley Court in Robinhood Estates was full of smoke.

When firefighters arrived they found a stackable-washer dryer unit on fire in the basement.

"The fire started in the dryer," says Shawswick VFD Chief Bob Brown. "Firefighters used a minimal amount of water to extinguish the fire and there was minimal smoke damage and the fire just blackened the wall. There was no structural damage."

Brown, did not have the name of the owner of the home. He added firefighters were not on the scene very long.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page