News Sections
Firefighters Extinguish Drier Fire Quickly
Updated December 19, 2013 9:28 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters from Shawswick and Guthrie Volunteer Fire Departments were able to extinguish a dryer fire quickly Wednesday preventing damage to a home on Locksley Court.

Lawrence County police dispatchers received a 911 call at 1:41 p.m. reporting a home at 12 Locksley Court in Robinhood Estates was full of smoke.

When firefighters arrived they found a stackable-washer dryer unit on fire in the basement.

"The fire started in the dryer," says Shawswick VFD Chief Bob Brown. "Firefighters used a minimal amount of water to extinguish the fire and there was minimal smoke damage and the fire just blackened the wall. There was no structural damage."

Brown, did not have the name of the owner of the home. He added firefighters were not on the scene very long.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File