WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Causes Damage To Mitchell Home

Last updated on Monday, December 2, 2013

(MITCHELL) - A fire Saturday afternoon caused damage to the attic and one room of a home in the 600 block of 9th Street.

According to Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tyler Duncan the home is owned by Jennifer Crusoe but was being rented by Mark Cox.

Six firefighters along with two trucks responded to the blaze at 3:05 p.m.. No one was home when the fire started.

"The fire was electrical in nature and started in the attic area," Duncan says. "There was minimal fire damage, but a few rafters were burned through which caused the ceiling to collapse."

Damage was contained to the attic area and one room, Duncan added.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page