News Sections
Audio
Fire Destroys Home In Worthington Saturday
Updated December 2, 2013 7:04 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WORTHINGTON) - A fire destroyed a Worthington couple's home Saturday afternoon.

When firefighters arrived heavy smoke was pouring out of the brick rental house owned by Jarrod Skinner. The home was rented to Robert and Gena Secoy.

Firefighters from Worthington Fire Protection Territory and Switz City Fire Department battled the blaze.

The Greene County Daily World reports this was the third fire in two weeks - including a fire at the 67 Motel, another home on North Jefferson Street on Thanksgiving morning and now the Secoy home.

Worthington Fire Chief Kyle Steward says the fire was reported at 3:30 p.m. from someone who called saying a bedroom on fire at 229 South Lessie St.

Steward say everyone was out of the home when firefighters arrived on the scene four minutes later.

The house was destroyed, but the family was able to grab a few things as they exited the home. Steward says heat, smoke and water destroyed everything else.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback