News Sections
Fire Causes Damage To Mitchell Home
Updated December 2, 2013 12:32 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - A fire Saturday afternoon caused damage to the attic and one room of a home in the 600 block of 9th Street.

According to Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tyler Duncan the home is owned by Jennifer Crusoe but was being rented by Mark Cox.

Six firefighters along with two trucks responded to the blaze at 3:05 p.m.. No one was home when the fire started.

"The fire was electrical in nature and started in the attic area," Duncan says. "There was minimal fire damage, but a few rafters were burned through which caused the ceiling to collapse."

Damage was contained to the attic area and one room, Duncan added.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File