Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, November 28, 2013
(LINTON) - A Linton home was destroyed by fire Tuesday afternoon at the corner of H and 8th Street.
Linton Fire Chief Bard Sparks says it only took a few minutes for crews to arrive on the scene to see flames coming out of the side of the building.
The home is owned by Bruce Moore. A neighbor noticed smoke and called for help.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly. The home was destroyed, but firefighters were able to save a lot of the family's belongings.
No one was home at the time of the fire but the families two dogs were in the home. Firefighters found the dogs hiding in the home.
Moore told firefighters he had been born in the home that was given to him by his father. He lived there with his wife Debbie and son Christopher.
There was concern that Christopher was in the home, but the Ivy Tech student was out of town.
Moore's son was in the home at the time of the fire, but Moore said his son is a student at Ivy Tech and was thankfully out of town.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page