News Sections
Fire Destroys Linton Home
Updated November 27, 2013 8:12 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - A Linton home was destroyed by fire Tuesday afternoon at the corner of H and 8th Street.

Linton Fire Chief Bard Sparks says it only took a few minutes for crews to arrive on the scene to see flames coming out of the side of the building.

The home is owned by Bruce Moore. A neighbor noticed smoke and called for help.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly. The home was destroyed, but firefighters were able to save a lot of the family's belongings.

No one was home at the time of the fire but the families two dogs were in the home. Firefighters found the dogs hiding in the home.

Moore told firefighters he had been born in the home that was given to him by his father. He lived there with his wife Debbie and son Christopher.

There was concern that Christopher was in the home, but the Ivy Tech student was out of town.

Moore's son was in the home at the time of the fire, but Moore said his son is a student at Ivy Tech and was thankfully out of town.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File