Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, November 18, 2013
(BEDFORD) - Three homes and two bed and breakfasts will be featured on December 1 to help raise funds for local cancer patients. Lawrence County Cancer Patient Services will host its annual Christmas Tour of Homes in a route that meanders from 21st Street to the hills of Tunnelton.
New this year is driving tour from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. that will allow visitors to drive themselves and visit the homes in the order they prefer.
Refreshments will be offered from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. for bus tour ticket holders at the Indiana National Guard Armory in Bedford, 2020 W. 19th St., where the bus tour will depart at 6 p.m.
This year's tour includes three homes, the arts and crafts-style Candlelight Inn Bed & Breakfast built in 1913, and the Italianate Victorian mansion, Guthrie Meadows Bed & Breakfast (also known as the Alfred Guthrie mansion), built in 1879 in Tunnelton.
The tour includes:
* Rick and Wilma Root: 1411 21st St., an American four-square-style; built in 1930;
* Ronald & Crystal Tuell: 268 Oak Lane, a ranch-style;
* Candelight Inn Bed & Breakfast owned by Elizabeth Grant: 875 Church Camp Road, Arts and Crafts-style built in 1913;
* Guthrie Meadows B&B owned by Douglas and Annette Fultz: 12406 Tunnelton Road, Tunnelton; Italianate Victorian mansion, built in 1879;
* Jack and Vicky Ragsdale: 336 Hill Drive in Brook Knoll, Neo-colonial built in 1971.
The annual tour is one of several LCCPS fundraisers that allows the all-volunteer group to assist local cancer patients with medical and transportation needs. Tour tickets are $10 each and will be available beginning Monday at Twelve Months of Christmas, 915 15th St., Bedford, and Copy Trolley, 1605 M St., Bedford.
For more information, contact event chairwoman Becky Wright at 583-0887 or Teena Ligman at 278-0139, or visit lawrencecountycancerpatientservices.org.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page