Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, November 27, 2013
(NASHVILLE) - A fire destroyed the home of a Brown County family late Saturday night.
According to Nashville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Dak Kelp, a space heater caught fire in a bedroom.
The family attempted to put out the blaze but the flames spread.
Firefighters were called to the home at 4251 State Road 46 at 11:04 p.m. When firefighters arrived they found the single-story home engulfed in flames.
The Elkins, Heather, Sean, Joey, Barry, Steph and KK, escaped the blaze unharmed.
Kelp says around 35 firefighters from Brown County, Fruitdale, Hambeln and Jackson dumped more than 20,000 gallons of water on the blaze.
According to Kelp, multiple roofs and layers of siding made fighting the fire difficult.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page