News Sections
Brown Co. Home Destroyed In Blaze
Updated November 27, 2013 6:56 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(NASHVILLE) - A fire destroyed the home of a Brown County family late Saturday night.

According to Nashville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Dak Kelp, a space heater caught fire in a bedroom.

The family attempted to put out the blaze but the flames spread.

Firefighters were called to the home at 4251 State Road 46 at 11:04 p.m. When firefighters arrived they found the single-story home engulfed in flames.

The Elkins, Heather, Sean, Joey, Barry, Steph and KK, escaped the blaze unharmed.

Kelp says around 35 firefighters from Brown County, Fruitdale, Hambeln and Jackson dumped more than 20,000 gallons of water on the blaze.

According to Kelp, multiple roofs and layers of siding made fighting the fire difficult.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File