(BEDFORD) - Bedford Mayor Shawna Girgis announced Thursday at Stone Cutters Cafe and Roastery that she plans to seek a third term as mayor.
Girgis, a political independent, was elected in 2007 and re-elected in 2011. The next mayoral election will be in 2015.
"People are first," she said in considering her continuing goals. Her aims include:
* "Serving Bedford citizens by providing quality services."
* "Repairing and building infrastructure that meets our needs and creates opportunities for growth."
* "Implementing community development and downtown revitalization plans."
* "Ensuring citizens have access to education and training that will help them obtain better jobs ."
* "Supporting local business and industry that create and provide employment for residents."
Girgis said her husband, Dr. Kamal Girgis, was more than supportive about her seeking a third term.
Their three children - Vonya, 12, Ramzi, 10, and Zahra, 7 - were on hand Thursday greeting those who came to the gathering.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com