WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Person Smoking In Bed Starts Fire

Last updated on Wednesday, October 9, 2013

(MITCHELL) - The Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department was called to an apartment fire this morning.

Firefighters received a call at 403 Warren Street at 8:26 a.m.

When firefighters arrived they were able to contain the fire quickly.

According to police the fire started after a resident was smoking in bed. The fire was contained to the mattress area.

No one was hurt during the incident.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page