Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, October 23, 2013
(BEDFORD) - Lawrence County Project Manager Bob Dillon reported Tuesday morning that bridge 55 on Leesville Road over Guthrie Creek is now open.
The commissioners also opened bids Tuesday morning for bridge 70 on Mount Pleasant Road.
The commissioners received two bids: one from CLR for $126,850 and one from Duncan Robertson for $209,000. Those bids were taken under advisement.
Dillon says the goal is to take the 3-section bridge on Mount Pleasant Road and re-align and make it a one-span bridge eliminating the piers that catch all kinds of debris.
Currently Dillon is working on securing the property to do that.
Dillon reported that work on the Otis Park Bridge will begin next week. Crews will be replacing the decking with a chip and seal decking that will add additional protection from the salt and brine highway crews use for snow removal.
Dillon says 99 percent of the damage done to the bridges is from the de-icing materials used on roadways.
In other business:
* Sheriff Sam Craig says there are 154 inmates begin housed at the jail, of those 34 were female and none were Department of Correction inmate.
* Emergency Manager Valerie Luchauer told the commissioners that fire prevention month was a success. Volunteer fire departments held a fire prevention event at Tractor Supply on October 12 and had more than 100 people attend.
Luchauer also stressed the importance of cleaning and checking furnaces, wood stoves and fire places to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
* The commissioners opened stone, fuels and bituminous bids. The commissioners received 1 fuel bid, 5 stone bids, 3 asphalt bids and one bid for oil. The bids were taken under advisement.
* The commissioners accepted all the bids for salt.
* Highway Superintendent David Holmes reported that crews are replacing culverts, finishing up paving projects, and mowing and cutting brush.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page