(BLOOMINGTON) - The Monroe County Humane Association will celebrate its 18th Annual Run For the Animals and Barktoberfest.
The event Saturday will celebrate the human/animal bond and raise funds for critical programs.
Information about the event can be found at www.mcharunfortheanimals.org/.
5K run/walk starts at 10 a.m. with Barktoberfest activies from 10 a.m. till 3 p.m. at the Dunn Meadow on the Indiana University campus.
The event is for runners, walkers, families and furry companions and animal lovers of all ages.
Participating dogs must:
- Be current on vaccinations, including rabies
- Be on leash unless in designated areas
- Get along with others and NOT be in heat
The Run A Mag 7 Race will be timed by Indiana Running Company with warm-up led by B-town Barbells. Or participants can do the fun walk.
- Individuals $30
- Kids 10 & Under $15 * Kids 12/under must be accompanied by registered adult
- Cat Napper $30 * For those who want to support the event without running
The Barktoberfest will include a day of fall fun for the whole family.
Entry for the Barktoberfest is
- FREE for humans, $5 for dogs (includes doggie bandana)
- FREE for 1 dog belonging to participants that compete in the 5K and fundraisers who raise $30 or more
People activities, including:
- Safe Trick or Treating
- Dog / Cat Photo as well as Kids' Coloring Contests
- Bounce House and Face Painting
- Caricatures by Karen Kovich
- "Take Your Picture" with Lil Bub (cutout)
- Animal Fair with sponsors, PetsAlive, WildCare, and other animal-related booths
- Adoptable Animals from Bloomington Animal Care and Control!
Lively games and attractions for dogs and their people:
- Applied Canine Behaviors, Mad 4 My Dog Training, and BLIISS Animal Reiki Demonstrations
- Flying Paws Dog Agility "Try-It" and Canine Companions Off-leash play areas
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com