Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, October 21, 2013
(BEDFORD) - Lisa Grissom and Melanie Hacker are the new co-chairs of Bedford’s parade committee.
This year's Christmas parade's theme is "The Sights and Sounds of Christmas."
The parade will kick off on December 7th at 6 p.m. with the grand marshal Adele Bowden-Purlee and the honorary grand marshals are the Bedford 13 & 14 year-old Little League All Stars.
Sponsors of this year's parade are the City of Bedford, Times-Mail and Super Oldies 105.5 WQRK.
Grissom, who has served the committee for about 10 years agreed to take over Dexter Sipes position of chairperson as long as there was a co-chair and that was when Hacker stepped up.
Grissom and Hacker have long term goals to improve the parade by retaining the 120 or more familiar entries from last year and by bringing in new entries. The parade is important to both because it marks the kick-off for the holiday season in Bedford.
They praise the help of Jon Fisher and Jim Heichelbech and the Bedford Linos Club, but they need help and those interested in volunteering can contact Grissom at 275-4493 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Hacker at 275-1800 or email@example.com. or any other committee members.
Committee members are Co-chairs Lisa Grissom and Melanie Hacker, Jim Fisher, Jon Heichelbech, Debbie Andry, Dan Kirk, Charles Edwards, Dolores Williams, Jack Voigtschild, Gail Sipes and Sandy Bratton.
2013 Bedford Christmas Parade Rules
1. No parade unit will be allowed in the parade line-up without a properly completed entry form submitted before the deadline noted on the official Entry Form.
2. No sirens or other forms of horns that emit loud piercing sounds will be allowed during the parade.
3. Each parade unit must be decorated in the spirit of Christmas (examples: Red ribbons, tinsel, wreaths, bunting, etc.). ALL parade units are required to provide a "lighted unit" during judging and the parade. See 3A and 3B for additional information.
3A. If a generator is being used to provide power to run the lights on the entry, 16/3 AWG (min size) power cords are required, and please be sure to have extra fuel in an approved container on your float or towing vehicle. An approved ABC fire extinguisher will be required. A Fire Marshall will inspect all entries using a generator during the lineup. Those
not complying with this safety precaution will not be allowed in the parade. For safety reasons, do not attempt to refuel your float while it is in motion or during the parade itself - refueling is permissible only before the start of the parade.
3B. An approved ABC fire extinguisher is required for any float or other entry using gasoline or other flammable substance.
4. A clearance shall be maintained around equipment that gets hot when running for the following: ordinary combustibles (paper, wood, plastic, etc.) of not less than three (3) feet and not less than ten (10) feet for approved fuel containers.
5. Anything deemed to be a potentially dangerous situation by the fire inspector, you will be required to correct.
6. Due to the fact that this parade is presented at night - entries are NOT permitted to throw or in any way distribute candy, literature, or any other items from a parade unit.
7. NO parade unit (or parts thereof) will be allowed to provide or display a Live Santa Claus during the parade. The Christmas Parade Committee will provide the Santa Claus for this special event.
8. Please do not fall behind. Maintain the same spacing behind the unit in front of you as you had when you were released from the parade formation site.
To download an entry form click here.
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page