News Sections
Audio
Patron Extinguishes Fire At Monroe County Public Library
Updated September 19, 2013 6:49 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BLOOMINGTON) - The Monroe County Public Library is crediting a patron for extinguishing a small fire in one of the building's bathrooms Monday evening.

A fire was set in a trash can in a bathroom in the children's section of library at about 6 p.m. Monday, and the building had to be evacuated as fire alarms went off.

But; according to Michael Hoerger, the library's director of communications; a patron was able to grab a fire extinguisher outside the door of the bathroom and put out the flames before the fire department arrived.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback