News Sections
Man Dies In Linton Fire
Updated September 3, 2013 6:45 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - 62-year-old Fred Saunders Jr. died from asphyxiation from the smoke in a trailer fire Saturday in Linton.

Linton Police Detective Duane Collenbaugh says police received a 911 call at 8:25 p.m. reporting the fire at 158 Southeast Fifth Street.

Both the Greene County coroner and the state fire marshal were called to the scene just after 10 p.m.

According to Collenbaugh, neighbors noticed smoke coming from the trailer and one called 911 while another tried to get into the house to reach a man who lived there.

When the Linton Fire Department arrived on the scene they had to bust in the door and found the man inside lying on the floor.

Emergency personnel removed the man from the home, but he died at the scene. His dog also did not escape the fire and was found dead. Collenbaugh says it appears the fire started in the living room or the kitchen.

This incident is still under investigation and will be updated as more information becomes available.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File