(SCOTTSBURG) - Join others for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Harvest of Hope Walk in Washington County on Saturday, October 20th at Cornucopia Farm at 5444 N. Rutherford Hollow Rd., Scottsburg (just of Hwy. 56 halfway between Salem & Scottsburg).
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. with the walk starting at 8:30 a.m.
This Harvest of Hope Walk is a feeder event for the Bloomington Making Strides event, so the website is the "Washington County Harvest of Hope Team" under their event.
Cornucopia Farm also has pink pumpkins for sale and are donating $1 for each one sold to help fight breast cancer.
After the walk (at approximately 9:30) the SHC Friends Relay For Life Team will be having a "Taste of Harvest Brunch" where you can taste items made from pumpkin, squash, apples and persimmons for a $5 donation to the American Cancer Society.
Taste of Harvest recipe booklets will also be available for a donation.
There are 2.5 million breast cancer survivors who celebrated another birthday last year because people like you made a donation to the American Cancer Society.
When you donate, more people in our community will:
- Benefit from groundbreaking research and new discoveries to find, prevent, treat, and cure breast cancer
- Have someone to talk with at 3 a.m. (or any other time of the day or night) to ask questions and get answers
- Know the steps they should take to reduce their risk of breast cancer or find it early when it's easiest to treat
- Get access to lifesaving mammograms and treatment
- Benefit from free information and services when and where they need it, like transportation, lodging, wigs, support programs, financial assistance, and more
Participants are urged to collect donations from friends, family and co-workers.
Awards will be given to the top fund raisers. Invite a friend, put on your "pink" and your walking shoes, and come join others at the Making Strides walk.
Those unable to participate on October 19th can still donate on the website. No matter how much or how little you can give, it will be greatly appreciated.
Together, everyone can save lives and create a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays.
To register or donate online, go to: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/WashingtonCountyHarvestOfHope. To print out a registration form to bring with you to the walk, go to: www.harvestofhopewalk.org.
For more information, contact Linda Baird of Cornucopia Farm at 812-752-6694.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org