(BEDFORD) - The Bedford Board of works this week voted to approve an extension of the option to purchase the property at the corner of 14th and J streets.
The lot is being considered for the new home of the former Milwaukee Depot building, constructed in 1899. The Depot was donated to the city by the Bedford Urban Enterprise Association in April.
Part of the city's Stellar project is to move the depot closer to downtown for use as an Lawrence county tourism office and trail head for the proposed 4-mile Limestone Trail.
In April, the board authorized City Attorney Greg Pittman to pursue an option to purchase the lot at 14th and J streets, the former site of Cherio Liquors.
The city paid $1,000 for the option, which was to expire Dec. 31. The option now extends through 2014.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com