Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, August 14, 2013
(ORLEANS) - Interstate Construction Services has purchased the Essex building and 14 acres adjoining it.
Orleans Chamber of Commerce Director Robert F. Henderson reported that he was notified of the sale last week.
According to Henderson, who met with Interstate Construction Services President Steve Durkee, the plans are to remove portions of the building and do extensive renovations.
C&M Conveyor and ProFab will continue to operate their businesses in the facility.
In other chamber news:
* Kimberly Shover, the owner of The Depot Tavern, is in the progress of renovating the kitchen area to serve lunch and dinner. The business also held a fundraiser earning $600 toward the new Veterans Memorial in Orleans.
* The annual Fall Fun Fest will be October 12. Chad Hall is the chairperson for the car show which will again be a big draw for the festival.
* Henderson told chamber members the town received a $2,000 grant from Indiana Landmarks to do assessment of the commercial district before facade work is done.
* School Superintendent Gary McClintic told chamber members the schools are looking copy one of Bedford Area of Chamber Commerce activities that allows students and staff to wear collegiate attire. Henderson will be contacting the Bedford Chamber for more information.
* McClintic is planning for the school system to be involved in the town's Bicentennial celebration in 2015.
* Henderson reported the town is still seeking nominations for Beautification Awards. Those nominations can be sent to the chamber at P.O. Box 9, Orleans, IN. 47452 or people can call in at 865-9930.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page