(BLOOMINGTON) - The City of Bloomington's Housing and Neighborhood Development (HAND) Department's Home Buyers Club has announced the final dates for the 2013 workshop series.
The Home Buyers Club offers participants a chance to learn how to become successful homeowners.
The workshop will be held on two consecutive Saturdays, September 14 from 9 am to 4 pm and September 21 from 9 am until 1pm.
The program helps first-time homebuyers understand and overcome the obstacles involved in realizing the dream of home ownership. Presenters include HAND's Housing and Urban Development (HUD) certified housing counselors, local real estate industry professionals, and community non-profit housing providers.
Participants receive a HAND-produced book, Buying a Home: A Guide For First Time Home Buyers, and the opportunity to meet with a HAND housing counselor to develop a personalized home-buying action plan. Income eligible graduates may be eligible for $5,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance from HAND, as well as other assistance programs.
- Is home ownership right for you?
- Developing a household budget and savings plan
- The importance of having and establishing good credit
- The home buying process from start to finish
- The importance of home inspections
- Mortgage application process and down payment assistance programs
- Home maintenance and protecting your investment
- Accessing community and neighborhood housing resources
The Home Buyers Club is offered to anyone in the community at no cost; however, class size is limited and pre-registration is required.
To register contact HAND at 349-3401, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.bloomington.gov/hand.
The Home Buyers Club is sponsored in part by Fifth Third Bank, CHASE Bank and Indiana University Credit Union.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com