Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Tuesday, July 23, 2013
(UNDATED) - Indiana Homeland Security Foundationis awarding scholarships of up to $2,000.
The Indiana Homeland Security Foundation is accepting applications for nine "Secure Indiana" scholarships for students attending an Indiana college.
High school and college students interested in pursuing a higher education degree and who volunteer for a local public safety organization such as a fire department, law enforcement agency, emergency management agency (EMA) or emergency medical services (EMS) may be qualified applicants.
A full-time student with at least twelve credit hours is eligible for a $2,000 scholarship. A part-time student with at least six hours is eligible for a $1,000 scholarship. The program funds are intended solely to reimburse eligible student educational expenses.
Revenue from "Secure Indiana" license plate sales funds the Indiana Homeland Security Foundation.
Who can apply?
An Indiana resident who is an incoming or continuing student who:
1. Attends or will be attending an accredited Indiana college.
2. Has a grade point average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
3. Volunteers at a public safety organization such as a fire department, law enforcement agency, emergency management agency (EMA) or emergency medical services (EMS) IDHS will determine compliance eligibility. For more information on the compliance of an organization, contact the council coordinator.
Application will require the following:
1. To apply, the applicant must include a completed Foundation Scholarship Application Form and an official college or high school transcript (for incoming freshmen).
2. A recommendation letter from the public safety organization's chief executive describing the volunteer work completed by the applicant.
3. A resume or list of past employment, awards, honors, and/or volunteer/service activities.
4. A minimum 500-word essay describing why the applicant is applying for this scholarship and why the applicant wishes to pursue a career in public safety.
5. A completed Vendor Information Form (State Form 53788)http://www.in.gov/auditor/files/SF53788_Vendor_Information.pdf
How to apply?
If you are interested in submitting an application, please contact the council coordinator, Mary Fields, at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be given a vendor form, username and access to the system. The application closes onNovember 26th, 2013. Awards will be announced in mid-April 2014. Questions should be directed to:
Indiana Department of Homeland Security
Attn: Mary Fields, Council Coordinator
302 West Washington St., Rm. E220
Indianapolis, IN 46204
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page