WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire At JayC Store In Washington

Last updated on Friday, July 12, 2013

(WASHINGTON) - The was a fire in the deli of the JayC’s supermarket in Cherry Tree Plaza in Washington just before noon on Thursday.

The fire started in the deli area according to Fire Chief David Roads, after grease caught on fire.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly, however, smoke filled the store and officials are busy with the clean-up.

No injuries were reported.

Rhoads says it may take some time to properly clear the store as state inspectors have been notified.

The Washington Jaycee Foodstore was closed for about five hours due to the fire and are open for business.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page