News Sections
Fire At JayC Store In Washington
Updated July 12, 2013 7:04 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WASHINGTON) - The was a fire in the deli of the JayC's supermarket in Cherry Tree Plaza in Washington just before noon on Thursday.

The fire started in the deli area according to Fire Chief David Roads, after grease caught on fire.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly, however, smoke filled the store and officials are busy with the clean-up.

No injuries were reported.

Rhoads says it may take some time to properly clear the store as state inspectors have been notified.

The Washington Jaycee Foodstore was closed for about five hours due to the fire and are open for business.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File