News Sections
Veterinarians Warn About Blue-Green Algae
Updated June 20, 2013 12:31 PM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(UNDATED) - Indiana State Veterinarian says Hoosier pet owners need to watch closely for blue-green algae.

Dr. Bret Marsh says the algae is a toxin that pets often ingest while in the water.

It is poison and pet owners should seek medical treatment for pets if it is suspected they have ingested any algae from lakes or ponds.

The poison on can affect the nervous system and liver.

Animals will lick their coats after being in the effected water and contact the algae.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File