WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

No One Injured In Fire At Mitchell Manor

Last updated on Tuesday, June 4, 2013

(MITCHELL) - No one was hurt when an electrical fire started in a resident’s room at Mitchell Manor this morning.

Health professionals evacuated the west wing after smoke began filling the wing at 7:55 a.m.

Mitchell Fire Chief Tyler Duncan says there was no fire but the wing did fill with a lot of smoke.

"The Mitchell Manor staff did an excellent job," Duncan said. "They had the entire wing evacuated before we arrived."

He estimated that about 20 residents were moved to another part of the building, where they were safe while firefighters investigated where the smoke was coming from.

The Marion Township Volunteer Fire Department was placed on standby in case they were needed. But thankfully there were not needed.

Firefighters were on the scene for about 20 minutes.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page