News Sections
No One Injured In Fire At Mitchell Manor
Updated June 4, 2013 11:07 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - No one was hurt when an electrical fire started in a resident's room at Mitchell Manor this morning.

Health professionals evacuated the west wing after smoke began filling the wing at 7:55 a.m.

Mitchell Fire Chief Tyler Duncan says there was no fire but the wing did fill with a lot of smoke.

"The Mitchell Manor staff did an excellent job," Duncan said. "They had the entire wing evacuated before we arrived."

He estimated that about 20 residents were moved to another part of the building, where they were safe while firefighters investigated where the smoke was coming from.

The Marion Township Volunteer Fire Department was placed on standby in case they were needed. But thankfully there were not needed.

Firefighters were on the scene for about 20 minutes.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File