WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Dryer Blamed For Starting Fire That Destroyed Mobile Home

Last updated on Saturday, June 8, 2013

(WASHINGTON) - Firefighters have determined a clothes dryer is to blame for a fire in that destroyed a mobile home at Sundale Trailer Court Wednesday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 5:07 p.m.

The owner and only resident of the home, Jerry Carpenter, had left the clothes dryer running unattended while he went outside to mow grass. When he noticed the smoke, he dialed 911.

The home, a 1968 model, was suffered heavy damage.

Firefighters had the fire put out by 6:15 p.m. and on one was injured while battling the blaze.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page