News Sections
Dryer Blamed For Starting Fire That Destroyed Mobile Home
Updated June 7, 2013 7:46 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WASHINGTON) - Firefighters have determined a clothes dryer is to blame for a fire in that destroyed a mobile home at Sundale Trailer Court Wednesday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 5:07 p.m.

The owner and only resident of the home, Jerry Carpenter, had left the clothes dryer running unattended while he went outside to mow grass. When he noticed the smoke, he dialed 911.

The home, a 1968 model, was suffered heavy damage.

Firefighters had the fire put out by 6:15 p.m. and on one was injured while battling the blaze.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File