Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Tuesday, June 25, 2013
(BEDFORD) - Bedford City Utilities Director Misty Adams says the city has run into a delay in tearing down the unused water plant on M Street.
The board of works opened six bids last week to raze and remove the water plant, but a snag has stopped demolition.
On Friday the board learned the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs must first sign off on the project because the city received a federal Community Development Block Grant for $177,975 to pay for the work.
The state agency is administering that money so they must sign off on the project before the city can tear the facility down.
Adams says the plant built in 1967 once drew water from Salt Creek, but now is unused and deteriorating. The bid will be awarded as soon as the city gets final approval from the state.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page