Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, May 1, 2013
(STATEHOUSE) - State Sen. Brent Steele (R-Bedford) recently welcomed the following local students to the Statehouse, where they served as Senate pages:
- Andrew Myers, from Avon, attends Avon High School.
- Jesse Woody, from Bedford, attends Oolitic Middle School.
- Kamryn Bridges, from Mitchell, attends Mitchell Jr. High School.
- Miranda Branch, from Columbus, attends Columbus Signature Academy.
- Emily Dalton, from Mitchell, attends Mitchell Jr. High School.
- Thomas Tolbert, from Orleans, attends Orleans High School.
- Taylor Tritle, from Orleans, attends Orleans High School.
- Sara Murphy, from Bedford, attends Bedford North Lawrence High School.
- Rachael Newsome, from Bedford, attends Bedford North Lawrence High School.
- Gabrielle Gaines, from Mitchell, attends Mitchell High School.
- Kaleb Wagers, from Oolitic, is homeschooled.
- Micah Wagers, from Oolitic, is homeschooled.
- George Brunnemer, from Columbus, attends Northside Middle School.
- Jonathan Brunnemer, from Columbus, attends Columbus East High School.
Pages spend a day at the Statehouse touring the historic building, observing debates from the chamber floor and interacting with their state senators.
"Serving as a Senate page is a great way for students to see how laws are enacted and experience a day in their state's capitol," Steele said. "I hope this was a valuable learning tool for young Hoosiers - one that encourages them to stay engaged in state government."
The page program has concluded for this session.
To learn how you can register your student to serve as a Senate page next session, visit www.in.gov/senatepageprogram.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page