(UNDATED) - Red Cross encourages those eligible to become regular donors, especially during the summer.
Summer is a challenging time to collect enough blood donations to meet patient needs. If at least two more donors give blood at every Red Cross blood drive this summer -- above what's expected -- it will help ensure blood is available for patients at a moment's notice.
A stable blood supply is vital for treating trauma victims, cancer patients, organ transplant recipients, premature babies, sickle cell disease patients and many others.
To learn more and make an appointment to donate blood, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
- 6/6/2013, 12:00 pm- 5:00 pm, Garden City Church of Christ, 3245 Jonesville Road, Columbus
- 6/7/2013, 10:00 am- 5:00 pm, Columbus Blood Donation Center, 931 Repp Dr., Columbus
- 6/14/2013, 10:00 am- 5:00 pm, Columbus Blood Donation Center, 931 Repp Dr., Columbus
- 6/12/2013, 2:00 pm- 7:00 pm, Parkview Church of the Nazarene, 1750 East State Road 46
- 6/11/2013, 10:00 am- 2:00 pm, Bloomfield State Bank, 48 N. Washington Street, Bloomfield
- 6/12/2013, 12:00 pm- 4:00 pm, Indiana masonic Home, Inc., 690 State St., Franklin
- 6/8/2013, 9:00 am- 2:00 pm, Bedford Army National Guard, 2020 19th Street, Bedford
- 6/12/2013, 2:00 pm- 7:00 pm, Shoals Christian Church, 602 N. Main Street, Shoals
- 6/13/2013, 2:00 pm- 7:00 pm, Martin County Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 313 Poplar Street, Loogootee
- 6/1/2013, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, Bloomington Blood Donation Center, 1600 W. 3rd St.,
- 6/4/2013, 1:00 pm- 5:00 pm, Garden Villa Health, 1100 S Curry Pike, Bloomington
- 6/5/2013, 12:00 pm- 6:00 pm, Bloomington Blood Donation Center, 1600 W. 3rd St.,
- 6/6/2013, 10:00 am- 2:00 pm, Indiana University Radio & Television Center, 1229 E. 7th St.,
- 6/6/2013, 12:00 pm- 6:00 pm, Bloomington Blood Donation Center, 1600 W. 3rd St.,
- 6/6/2013, 3:00 pm- 8:00 pm, St. Paul Methodist Church, 4201 W. 3rd St, Bloomington
- 6/7/2013, 8:00 am- 2:00 pm, Bloomington Blood Donation Center, 1600 W. 3rd St.
- 6/7/2013, 11:00 am- 4:00 pm, Indiana University Ballantine Hall, 500 University Rd.
- 6/8/2013, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, Bloomington Blood Donation Center, 1600 W. 3rd St.
- 6/11/2013, 9:00 am- 2:00 pm, City of Bloomington, 401 N. Morton, Suite 210, Bloomington
- 6/12/2013, 12:00 pm- 6:00 pm, Bloomington Blood Donation Center, 1600 W. 3rd St.
- 6/13/2013, 12:00 pm- 6:00 pm, Bloomington Blood Donation Center, 1600 W. 3rd St.
- 6/14/2013, 8:00 am- 2:00 pm, Bloomington Blood Donation Center, 1600 W. 3rd St.
- 6/15/2013, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, Bloomington Blood Donation Center, 1600 W. 3rd St.
- 6/3/2013, 2:00 pm- 6:00 pm, Orleans Christian, 319 South Maple Street, Orleans
- 6/8/2013, 9:00 am- 1:00 pm, Orleans Farmers Market, Congress Square, Orleans
- 6/10/2013, 8:00 am- 1:00 pm, French Lick Resort & Casino, 8670 West State Road Hwy 56
How to donate blood
Simply call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver's license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
About the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcrossblood.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com