(FRENCH LICK) - A wanted man crashed his car into a mobile home before trying to flee police on foot Wednesday night.
At 8:50 p.m. Indiana State Trooper Mike Allen was on routine patrol when he noticed the driver of a tan 2002 Mitsubishi not wearing his seat belt.
Trooper Allen attempted to stop the car, driven by 24-year-old Angel Pagan Jr, of French Lick.
That is when Pagan sped up and turned onto Jefferson Street from College and ran three stop signs before losing control and crashing into a mobile home at 892 South Jefferson Street.
After crashing, Pagan ran from the car to his home at 858 South Jefferson Street.
Trooper Allen, First Sgt. Greg Ashby and West Baden Assistant Chief Jason Kendall went to Pagan's home and again he took off running. After a short foot pursuit that lasted about two blocks, Pagan was caught and arrested.
That is when officers discovered Pagan was wanted on an Orange County warrant for stolen property.
He was taken to the Orange County Jail and charged:
1. Warrant for Stolen Property, Class D Felony
2. Resisting Law Enforcement, Class A Misdemeanor
3. Failure to Stop at Scene of Accident, Class C Misdemeanor
4. Reckless Driving, Class B Misdemeanor
5. DWS Infraction, Class A Infraction
6. Unreasonable Speed, Class C Infraction
7. False and Fictitious License Plates, Class C Infraction
8. Disregarding stop sign, Class C Infraction
9. Driving left of Center, Class C Infraction
10. Seat belt Violation, Class D Infraction
Trooper Allen has estimated the total damage to vehicle and home to be between $25,000 and $50,000. The owners of the mobile home were not at home at the time of the crash.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com