Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, May 9, 2013
(MITCHELL) - Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department firefighters were called to a fire at C& M Conveyor on Ind. 37 just after 3 a.m. this morning because a fire alarm was sounding.
When firefighters arrived they did find a fire inside the building, which was extinguished quickly.
The business was closed when the fire started.
"A passerby also noticed the fire through a window and called it in," says Mitchell VFD Chief Taylor Duncan. "The fire was contained to a paint room. It took longer to extract the smoke out of the building then it did to extinguish the fire. It only took us about four to five minutes to put out the fire."
Duncan says there was minimal damage to the building.
"The damage was kept to that room," Duncan added. "The fire started in the exhaust or filtering system."
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page