Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, May 2, 2013
(FERDINAND) - In the spirit of the Town’s German heritage, the annual Ferdinand Heimatfest brings residents and visitors alike to the 18th Street Park every summer to celebrate with a wide variety of food, entertainment, and games.
Various contests allow participants the chance to demonstrate their talent and present it to a wide audience. A variety of children's activities and contests occur throughout the weekend and adults find their fun while watching the live entertainment in the German beer garden each evening. Through all of these activities, the Heimatfest works to bring the community together to celebrate the local traditions and values of the Ferdinand area.
JCAC Chalk Walk Art Festival
Hundreds of artists, of all ages and abilities, register to participate in Chalk Walk each year. They transform the sidewalks into a temporary art gallery by creating chalk and pastel "masterpieces" on their concrete canvases. Thousands more come to watch, create, and shop.
- Get involved in hands-on art projects ranging from paper marbling to tie dying. Some projects result in take-home originals while others become part of a larger, community developed art piece.
- Purchase a broad array of artwork including paintings, sketches, jewelry, pottery, textiles, metalwork, and photography at the outdoor Arts Market.
- Listen to musicians perform in a variety of musical styles or join in dance.
- Sample food fare that is light, fun and maybe even "artistic"
May and June Events Schedule:
- May 2 Downtown Jasper First Thursday in May
- May 4 JCAC Chalk Walk Art Festival
- May 4 Spirit of Jasper Duathlon & 5K Run/Walk
- May 4 Green Room Rockers @ Gaslight (Folk Fest Fundraiser)
- May 10-11 Huntingburg City Wide Yard Sale
- May 11 Music in the Park Series at Huntingburg City Park
- May 18 10,000 Maniacs perform at Jasper Arts Center
- May 18 "Honoring our Military" exhibit opening at Dubois County Museum
- May 19 Old Jasper Day and Strawberry Festival
- May 25 Jasper Farmers Market Begins
- June 1 RiverWalk Concert featuring Linda Smith
- June 6 Downtown Jasper First Thursday in June
- June 14-15 St. Henry Heindrichsdorf Fest
- June 21-22 28th Anniversary of Uhl Potery Collectors Society
- June 21-22 Ferdinand Heimatfest
- June 29 Celestine Summer Street Fest
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page