(CAMPBELLSBURG) - The Campbellsburg Festival Committee is currently accepting entries for the annual Miss Country Girl Pageant, which is open to all Washington County girls.
This year's pageant will take place on Thursday evening, May 30, at the Brown-Vernon Firehouse.
Junior Miss Country Girl is for girls in grades six through eight. Miss Country Girl is for girls in grades nine through 12. The pageant director is Darlena Knapp.
Each girl must have a sponsor. Sponsor fee is $25.
Deadline to enter: Thursday, May 9, 2013
Contestants will be contacted after that time with information concerning practices. Contest rules:
- Any Country Girl contestant who gets in trouble with the law during preparations or during her reign if she wins will be disqualified.
- Any contestant who becomes pregnant or is pregnant during the time of pageant preparation will be disqualified.
- Any winner who becomes pregnant during her reign will forfeit her title to the next runner-up.
- Any winner who posts inappropriate messages or photos about themselves or others on any social media format, website or other electronic medium will forfeit her title to the next runner-up
- All winners are expected to participate in the Hoedown parade and other festival activities, as asked by the festival committee. Miss Country Girl is also expected to represent Campbellsburg in as many area parades as possible.
For further information, please contact Knapp at 755-5206.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com