WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

State Fire Marshal Investigating Linton House Fire

Last updated on Saturday, April 13, 2013

(LINTON) - A representative from the state fire marshal’s office was in Linton Friday to investigate a house fire that broke out Wednesday evening.

Sabrina Westfall, of the Greene County Daily World reported The department was dispatched to the 330 NE 9th St. residence at 8:46 p.m.

Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks said the vacant house was probably a total loss because the fire left a large hole in the top of the two-story home.

The name of the homeowner was unknown as of Thursday morning, Sparks said, noting he thought he had an idea of who owned the house.

Sparks said the representative from the fire marshal's office will do an assessment because the origin of the fire seems suspicious.

"There weren't any utilities at the house, so it was somewhat a little suspicious. It was before the storm so I can't give the lightning excuse," Sparks explained.

Due to the home being vacant, Sparks said there were no injuries.

He added the department was on scene until about 1 a.m.

"Wright Township (Volunteer Fire Department) came over and helped. They are a great asset to us," Sparks said.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page