Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, March 13, 2013
(STATEHOUSE) - State Sen. Brent Steele (R-Bedford) recently welcomed the following local students to the Statehouse, where they served as Senate pages:
• Robert Fox, from Norman, attends Brownstown Central High School.
• Ryan Swartwood, from Brownstown, attends Brownstown Central High School.
• Brantley Adams, from Seymour, attends Seymour Middle School.
• Mason Pottschmidt, from Seymour, attends Immanuel Lutheran School.
• Sara Bredeweg, from Mitchell, attends Mitchell Junior High School.
• Camber Sollberger, from Jeffersonville, attends Jeffersonville High School.
Pages spend a day at the Statehouse touring the historic building, observing debates from the chamber floor and interacting with their state senators.
"I always enjoy welcoming students from our district to the Statehouse and giving them a look at how the legislative process works in Indiana," Steele said. "Through the page program, students are able to interact firsthand with legislators and see how laws that impact all Hoosiers are made."
Students in grades six through 12 can participate in the page program on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays through April 4.
To learn how you can register your student to serve as a Senate page, visit www.in.gov/senatepageprogram.
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page