WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Cooking Fire Causes Minor Damage

Last updated on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Firefighters were able to extinguish a fire Tuesday evening quickly.

Firefighters were notified about the fire after a 911 call was placed at 7:59 pm.

"They were cooking and firefighters were able to use a Co2 fire extinguisher to put out the fire," says Chief Jon Wagner. "They also moved some appliances and checked out the area."

Wagner says there was minimal damage to the kitchen area at the home at 513 16th Street.

The home is owned by John Myers, who did have tenants renting it. The names of the renters were not available.

After the fire was out firefighters ventilated the home.

"They did have one working smoke detector and we replaced one that was not working for them," Wagner says.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page