News Sections
Audio
Cooking Fire Causes Minor Damage
Updated May 5, 2013 1:11 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Firefighters were able to extinguish a fire Tuesday evening quickly.

Firefighters were notified about the fire after a 911 call was placed at 7:59 pm.

"They were cooking and firefighters were able to use a Co2 fire extinguisher to put out the fire," says Chief Jon Wagner. "They also moved some appliances and checked out the area."

Wagner says there was minimal damage to the kitchen area at the home at 513 16th Street.

The home is owned by John Myers, who did have tenants renting it. The names of the renters were not available.

After the fire was out firefighters ventilated the home.

"They did have one working smoke detector and we replaced one that was not working for them," Wagner says.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback