(BEDFORD) - Bedford Firefighters were called to a home in the 200 block of Mount Pleasant Road Thursday afternoon, after the homeowner reported hearing "loud popping sounds and smelled smoke."
When firefighters arrived they could not find any fire, says Bedford Fire Chief Jon Wagner.
"But about 2 hours later we received a second call," Wagner says.
Firefighters responded after the homeowner reported her carbon-monoxide detector was sounding.
"The detector which was plugged into the electric outlet was setting off a beeping sound like it was not receiving power," Wagner says. "Firefighters checked the outlet and found there was no power to the outlet."
Wagner says the breaker to the outlet had not flipped.
"That is a concern because there was a problem with the outlet and the breaker did not flip on its own," Wagner says. "We made sure the power was off to the outlet and told the homeowner to notify an electrician."
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org